1/16/17

Tae Ja Koki



When I was a little girl, my dream was always to be an artist. After I graduated from school in Korea, I worked as an illustrationist with a comic book company for two years before coming to Hawaii with my sister in 1971. I got married the following year and have two sons who graduated from mainland universities. I was able, at last, to study art as I had always dreamed.

I attended art classes whenever possible. I studied all aspects of art with Diane Kim and Alan Leitner, and drawings with Michael Harada at Leeward Community College. I also studied with George Woolard and Roger Whitlock. I attended the six-week Atelier class at Windward Community College with Snowden Hodges.

I am interested in art of all kinds and have attended a class on encaustic painting as well as a collage class with Paul Levitt at Linekona School, Academy of Art. I also joined a week's watercolor workshop with Ong Kim Seng of Singapore. To improve my artwork, I enrolled and completed an eight-week course on digital photography at Lee's Computer Institute.

I am a member of the Korean Artist of Hawaii. I also belong to the Hawaii Watercolor Society and the Association of Hawaii Artists.

email: taejakoki@gmail.com

No comments: